Computer support services
AHC-IS Helpline: 612-626-5100
Classroom issues: option 1
Computer issues: option 2
7:30 AM- 6 PM. Monday through Friday
Emergency weekend support is available. This helpline is not staffed on major holiday weekends.
AHC Information Systems email@example.com
The AHC-IS Technology Services Center and the AHC-IS Workstation Field Support team work closely together to offer a wide variety of computer services to the AHC community.
When you call the helpline (626-5100), please be prepared to provide:
- your name,
- telephone number,
- the device number of the computer,
- and a brief description of the problem or request.
Your issue is recorded and tracked in our "ITASCA" system (Issue Tracking And System Control Application). http://itasca.ahc.umn.edu (login required)
Option 1 for classroom support
In addition to resolving computer related issues, we work closely with AHC Classroom Services to ensure AHC classroom technology is up-to-date and operational. AHC-IS assists in fielding calls for classroom support and provides backup support to AHC Classroom Services technicians.
Option 2 for computer support
The helpline accepts calls regarding hardware support on AHC-IS stickered machines only. The helpline also accepts calls from users connected to AHC-IS servers as well as users of AHC-wide computer applications.
The helpline is staffed by members of the Technology Services Center. Our helpline staff can troubleshoot with you over the phone to resolve common computer and software problems or can initiate an online remote assistance session with you to repair, install, or remove most software programs on your computer. Otherwise, helpline staff will dispatch a Workstation Field Support technician out to your computer to help resolve your issue.
Foreseeable events such as new equipment orders, network printer moves, computer moves, and operation system upgrades, will be entered as Projects and scheduled with the customer.
The tech answering the helpline will tell you the following information before ending the call:
• The issue number
• The status of the issue
• Which tech is assigned to
• When you can expect a call or visit
• Instructions to call back and reference the issue number if you have not been contacted within the specified period of time.
AHC-IS response time to a helpline call is as follows:
- Urgent Status = Loss of all productivity . Tech is paged, issue is entered into ITASCA, tech will contact within 1 hour,
- High Status = Partial loss of productivity . Tech is paged, issue is entered into ITASCA, tech will contact within 4 hours.
- Medium Status = Problem which does not affect productivity . Issue is entered into ITASCA, tech will contact within two days.
- Low Status = Infrequent or minor problem. Issue is entered into ITASCA, tech will schedule with user as available.
Other AHC-IS Computer Support Services
- Assist with purchasing and installation of new hardware and software. Our knowledgeable staff can get you up and running with a new computer system, or help you add on devices and software to your existing system. Please review our Purchasing Policy and fill out the Request for Purchase Form to request computer, software, or hardware purchases.
- Initiate all warranty repairs on hardware ordered through our office. Warranty information will be tracked through our support database
- Help with hand-held computer devices but makes no commitment as to the ability to support or maintain the vast array of devices that are available for purchase.