Performance Appraisal Tool (PAT)
You are here
The Performance Appraisal Tool (PAT) is a secure on-line employee appraisal. PAT is designed to engage supervisors and staff in a meaningful two-way performance appraisal process. Annual appraisals are also required under University policy. PAT is approved for use with AHC civil service, bargaining unit and P&A staff. Please check with your local HR representative and view the implementation plan for your college, school or unit below.
How do I access PAT?
- For supervisory and administrative access: http://performanceappraisal.ahc.umn.edu and log in with your x.500.
- For self assesment access
- You will NOT have access before your supervisor successfully sets up your appraisal
- You will receive an email from PAT once your supervisor has successfully set up your appraisal
- If you lost the email, you can access your self assesment by logging into PAT with your x.500
- Administrator's Access Request Form
How do I use PAT?
Note: These links may not open in your browser. You will need to download the files and open them on your computer. If it is working, you will see an image of the PAT login and hear audio.
- Supervisor's Guide
- Employee's Guide
- Administrator's Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to prep for PAT and what to communicate to supervisors
- University-wide performance review tools and resources
- PAT rating job aid
- PAT form Note: This requires Adobe software and should only be used if you have an exception from using the online Performance Appraisal Tool
College of Pharmacy
The College of Pharmacy will implement this new Performance Appraisal Tool with each department in stages throughout the 2011 summer months. The tool will be used for Civil Service and Bargaining Unit employees.
Mary Owens email@example.com | 612-625-4902 or Chris Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org | 612-624-0488
School of Dentistry
The School of Dentistry strongly encourages the use of Performance Appraisal Tool for Civil Service and Bargaining Unit positions. It may also be used with P&A positions. Performance evaluations are due by June 7, 2013. Those using the PAT system will not need to forward hard copies of the review to the Human Resources Office.
Kelly Campbell 612-626-4171 | email@example.com or Anthony Untiedt 612-625-8903 | firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Nursing
The School of Nursing encourages use of the Performance Review Tool . The tool will be used with Civil Service, Bargaining Unit and P&A employees.
School of Public Health
School of Public Health encourages use of the Performance Appraisal Tool. The tool will be used with Civil Service, Bargaining Unit and P&A employees. Performance evaluations are due by or before July 1, 2013 to the Dean’s Office. Those using the PAT system will not need to forward hard copies of the review.
Anne Ehrenberg 612-624-6638 | email@example.com
The Medical School encourages use of the new tool for 2012. Questions: refer to the list of Medical School PAT contacts
Academic Health Center: Office of Vice President and Shared UnitsThe AHC Shared and VP Units are strongly encouraged to use the online PAT tool for Civil Service, Bargaining Unit & P&A positions, following their currently established performance review timelines.
HRIS helpline 612-626-4361 | firstname.lastname@example.org