Academic Health Center Faculty Consultative Committee (AHC FCC)
The Academic Health Center Faculty Consultative Committee (AHC FCC) represents the faculty at large in the Academic Health Center, and is comprised of representatives from each of the AHC's colleges and schools. We are a committee of the University of Minnesota Faculty Senate.
What we do
- Meet regularly (both open and closed meetings): Meeting minutes
- Provide regular seminars (Third Thursdays at the Campus Club)
- Host the chairs of faculty consultative committees across the Academic Health Center
- AFC-FCC chair meets with the Academic Health Center Student Consultative Committee
- Make an annual trip to Duluth for College of Pharmacy and Medical School
- Consult with University officials based on current issues (past guests and topics have included: provost, education technology, human resources, more)
2016-2017 AHC FCC Meeting Schedule
All meetings are Tuesdays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in 300 Morrill Hall unless otherwise noted and are subject to change.
September 20 (Retreat, 12:00-3:30 pm)
October 11 (meeting in Duluth, all day)
November 15 (406 Child Rehab)
December 13 (B1 Morrill Hall)
December 14 (Joint meeting with AHC SCC, 5:15-6:15 p.m., 300 Morrill Hall)
February 21 (Joint meeting with AHC collegiate chairs, noon - 2 p.m., Board Room, Coffman Union)
March 21 (406 Child Rehab)
2016-2017 AHC FCC Meetings with Dr. Jackson
All meetings are 12:30-1:30 pm unless otherwise noted and are subject to change.
October 18, 4-5 pm
November 22, 12:30-1:15 pm
December 14, 10:30-11:30 am
March 1, CANCELLED
May 4, 9 - 10 am (with Dr. Brooks Jackson)
"Third Thursdays" provide a venue for faculty to engage in dialogue, share ideas, and, yes, spirited conversation. On the third Thursday of certain months during the academic year, space is reserved in the Campus Club for AHC faculty to meet in an informal setting in the hopes of fostering collaboration and exchanging information among colleagues. Please join us.
2016-2017 Third Thursday Schedule
Time: 4:30–6 p.m.
Location: Rooms B & C, Campus Club, Coffman Memorial Union
October 20, 2016 - Using aerobic exercise as a prevention and treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
November 17, 2016 - Clinical translational science career development
February 16, 2017 - Lifespan Human Connectome Project (LHCP)
April 13, 2017 - Translation of MRI for dental applications (215 Pomeroy, St Paul Campus)