Academic Health Center Faculty Consultative Committee (AHC FCC)
The Academic Health Center Faculty Consultative Committee (AHC FCC) represents the faculty at large in the Academic Health Center, and is comprised of representatives from each of the AHC's colleges and schools. We are a committee of the University of Minnesota Faculty Senate.
What we do
- Meet regularly (both open and closed meetings): Meeting minutes
- Provide regular seminars (Third Thursdays at the Campus Club)
- Host the chairs of faculty consultative committees across the Academic Health Center
- AFC-FCC chair meets with the Academic Health Center Student Consultative Committee
- Make an annual trip to Duluth for College of Pharmacy and Medical School
- Consult with University officials based on current issues (past guests and topics have included: provost, education technology, human resources, more)
2017-2018 AHC FCC Meeting Schedule
All meetings are Tuesdays from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in 406 ChRC unless otherwise noted and are subject to change.
August 29 (Retreat, 12:00-3:30 pm)
October 17 (All day meeting at UMD)
March 20 (1:00-2:30)
2017-2018 AHC FCC Meetings with Dr. Jackson
All meetings subject to change.
September 26, 10-11 am
October 19, 10-11 am
November 16, 10-11 am
December 20, 3:30-4:30 pm
February 21, 2:30-3:30 pm
March 29, 10-11 am
April 18, 3-4 pm
May 31, 10-11 am
"Third Thursdays" provide a venue for faculty to engage in dialogue, share ideas, and, yes, spirited conversation. On the third Thursday of certain months during the academic year, space is reserved in the Campus Club for AHC faculty to meet in an informal setting in the hopes of fostering collaboration and exchanging information among colleagues. Please join us.
2016-2017 Third Thursday Schedule
Time: 4:30–6 p.m.
Location: Rooms B & C, Campus Club, Coffman Memorial Union unless noted otherwise
October 19, 2017 - The opioid epidemic - Dr. Tu, School of Dentistry
November 16, 2017 - Topic - TBD - 215 Pomeroy, St. Paul Campus
February 15, 2018 - Topic - TBD
April 19, 2018 - Topic - TBD