Find a communicator
The Academic Health Center (AHC) Office of Communications provides strategic communications support, partnering with units to promote and enhance the reputation of the University of Minnesota’s health sciences.
We uncover and tell great stories to help audiences understand why the Academic Health Center is vital to Minnesota and how our health sciences schools and centers are working together to help people live longer, healthier lives.
AHC Communications provides leadership and expertise in public relations, web, public and community affairs, creative services, and executive communications. We collaborate with University Relations and communicators throughout the AHC to support and advance the AHC’s mission as stewards of Minnesota's health.
The web team supports units across the AHC by:
- steering the AHC’s overall web strategy
- offering training, tips, and consultation on web best practices and standards; guiding effective web projects
- providing a web theme, design, content management system, technical infrastructure, tools, and user support
The public relations team partners with AHC units to promote their research and is the AHC’s primary point of contact with the news media. We highlight research, education, and patient care accomplishments through:
- strategic planning
- media relations and reputation management
- video, social media, and digital content
Provide guidance on strategic communications, issues management, and content development including key messages and speechwriting. Keeps leadership informed about initiatives and emerging issues impacting the AHC.