Communications Policies and Procedures
All units in the health sciences should be part of the health sciences web support system. Read more about the benefits of the health sciences web support system.
To be considered part of the health sciences web support system and receive support from the central web team, a unit must:
- Designate a web point person and send their name, contact information, and the URL of the site, section, or page they manage to email@example.com. The web point person should be a member of the health sciences web support group.
- Use health sciences-approved web theme and content management system (CMS).
- Partner/consult with central web team on web efforts, and follow recommendations on web solution and location within the health sciences web ecosystem.
- Assign additional roles and complete associated responsibilities.
- Regularly update and manage their web presence.
Units that create a web presence without following the guidelines are not eligible to receive support from the AHC central web team.
All websites in the health sciences must abide by University of Minnesota policies and requirements and must include:
- contact information (preferred in lower left footer)
- a link to the health sciences flagship site, health.umn.edu.
University of Minnesota communications-related policies
University Relations requirements and guidelines
Our brand—University of Minnesota brand requirements and guidelines, logo and template downloads, photo and video library, and other tools and information
- Everything produced for the University of Minnesota must include the wordmark and this equal opportunity statement: The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
These items from University Brand Policy significantly relate to the web:
- All umn.edu websites must use an official web template header and footer.
- University colors and branded elements must appear prominently on all official communication and marketing materials.
- The use of taglines, icons, or graphics as logos or in logos for University units is prohibited. Existing icons or logos may be repurposed as illustrations or graphic elements.