Communications Policies and Procedures
To be considered part of the health sciences web support system and receive technical support, a unit must:
- Designate a web point person and send their name, contact information, and the URL of the site, section, or page they manage to the contact person for their unit.
- Use health sciences-approved web theme and content management system (CMS).
- Partner/consult with their unit’s central web staff on web efforts, and follow recommendations on web solution and location within the health sciences web ecosystem.
- Assign additional roles and complete associated responsibilities.
- Regularly update and manage their web presence.
University of Minnesota communications-related policies
University Relations requirements and guidelines
Our brand—University of Minnesota brand requirements and guidelines, logo and template downloads, photo and video library, and other tools and information
Everything produced for the University of Minnesota must include the wordmark and this equal opportunity statement: The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
These items from University Brand Policy significantly relate to the web:
- All umn.edu websites must use an official web template header and footer.
- University colors and branded elements must appear prominently on all official communication and marketing materials.
- The use of taglines, icons, or graphics as logos or in logos for University units is prohibited. Existing icons or logos may be repurposed as illustrations or graphic elements.