Landmark health accomplishments take place every day across the University of Minnesota campus. It’s our job to tell those stories.
The Academic Health Center’s (AHC) Public Relations team is responsible for highlighting research, education and patient care accomplishments from within the University of Minnesota’s health sciences programs.
- Advise and coordinate public relations strategy around key initiatives, research milestones and news announcements.
- Provide crisis communications support.
- Serve as a bridge between the health sciences and University Relations.
- Craft news releases, media alerts and “Expert Alerts” to highlight health sciences advancements, events and announcements.
- Work with the media on a proactive and reactive basis.
- Conduct media training for faculty who want to work with the media more effectively.
- Write externally-facing news articles highlighting AHC work and experts.
- For a sample of media materials and to view our latest media coverage visit our Newsroom and Health Talk.
Video and digital content
- Tell stories through long form or serialized video content. Visit our YouTube channel.
- Create “Expert Profile” videos that highlight specific researchers and their area of focus.
- Develop “Research Snapshot” videos that explain current research in a highly digestible form.
- Film Q&A videos that help answer questions around specific topics.
- Develop web content for the health.umn.edu and Health Talk.
- Highlight stories via Twitter and Facebook