Ways We Share
The landscape of media has changed drastically in just the last decade, and the AHC PR team is working hard to share health sciences stories from the University of Minnesota in innovative, exciting, engaging ways.
AHC PR team efforts are focused on external audiences interested in health topics, innovative research, patient care innovations, as well as the University of Minnesota and its schools, colleges, centers, and institutes.
There are a number of ways the AHC PR team shares stories and information beyond just press releases. Reach out to your PR team liaison to discuss putting together a strategic promotion plan for your story or publication.
Storytelling and news sharing options
Current methods used for sharing stories include:
- Press releases and Expert Alerts
- Web articles
- Social media
- Multimedia, including photos and infographics
- Direct media pitches
- Partnerships with other UMN departments and shared units
Other sharing options
Some stories are better suited for other audiences, or fall outside the scope of the AHC PR team’s targeted audience. Other resources that may be useful for items the PR team does not generally cover include:
- Events - UMN-wide list of upcoming events at the University of Minnesota campus
- Events Digest - a curated list of media-friendly and visual events across UMN. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration or to submit.
- News Capsules - a monthly AHC-wide staff and faculty newsletter well suited for grant announcements and professional awards. Send submissions to email@example.com
- School-specific newsletters - contact [your academic unit communicator] to determine the most appropriate newsletter for your story
- Brief - a UMN-wide news round up