What we do
The Academic Health Center's Office of Communications provides units with resources needed to have a web presence through:
- a web theme/design, content management system, and technical infrastructure
- a web process that clearly defines key steps and roles, training, best practice tips, standards, and other resources
- consulting on strategy, ways to meet your web goals, and how to get things done.
- Manage access and support for UMContent (web), Lyris (email), University calendar
- Manage projects with external vendors through the Creative Agency; execute small-scale projects in-house
- Support health sciences/AHC communications initiatives.
Why the web matters
The web is an essential vehicle to promote and enhance the reputation of the University of Minnesota’s medical and health sciences. We have one of the most comprehensive academic health centers in the nation, with 6 colleges/schools including 100+ departments and divisions; 130+ specialized centers, institutes, and labs; and partnerships with hospitals and clinics. Audiences include patients, providers, current and prospective students and residents, current faculty and staff, donors, alumni, news media, and other stakeholders.
Our web presence should advance the overall vision, priorities, and strategies for medical and health sciences at the University of Minnesota. It should help us:
- be recognized as a world leader in discovering, developing, and delivering new treatments and cures
- attract the next generation of medical and health professionals and researchers
- convey our impact to stakeholders and engage our communities as advocates
- serve as a useful resource for people seeking a trusted source for medical and health information.
To support these efforts, the web team:
- Provides infrastructure for units in the Academic Health Center to have a web presence via a web theme using the web content management system, Drupal
- Manages access and support for UMContent (web), Lyris (email), University calendar
- Manage projects with external vendors through the Creative Agency; executes small-scale projects in-house
- Supports AHC communications initiatives
- Consults with units and share resources and information when possible