If you have an upcoming event that you want a certain audience to attend, then AHC Event is the content type you should use.
As part of the AHC Drupal system, we've specifically created a page layout that includes all the fields you need to include for your event.
Creating AHC Events
- To create an event, click “Content,” then “Add content,” and select the AHC Event content type.
- Fill in the headline and event date, and keep the box checked if you want to show the end date.
- Fill in the location. You can also link to a map or embed a map in the html code view.
- Fill in a description of the event, including a registration link and/or relevant image if you have them available.
- Scroll down and check the “Provide a menu link” box only if you want the event to appear in your navigation.
- Click the “Publishing options” box in the lower left and click “Published.”
Sharing an event feed
Whenever you create a news or event item, it automatically creates a new page with a unique URL (see sample below). However, if you want to draw attention to that event in another place on your website, such as a program sidebar, follow these steps:
- Of course, you'll need to have some Event items created already.
- Choose (or create) the AHC Content page where you want to add a feed.
- Go to Panelizer, then click the wheel to “Add content" in the appropriate pane.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the left. Choose “View panes.”
- You’ll see several options here, but in most cases, “View: AHC Events” will cover your needs.
- Click the green “Add” button. You can leave the default display type (Fields), unless you want to experiment with the layout.
- Click “Save,” then save again.
Need a custom blog?
If you need help with the existing tools or want to request a custom solution, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the items below. We will work with you to determine the best approach.
- Rationale for your request (i.e. why you need it)
- A rough estimate of how often you post news or events
- Where you want the page to live on your site
- What items you need to include (news, events, Google calendar, social media feed, etc.)
- Categories or tags you want to include (if any)
- How many items you want to show per page
- Whether you want pagination at the bottom