AHC Sliders can be useful for homepages or areas of your site where you need rotating photos, text, and links.
There are two kinds of sliders: a smaller slider like the one you see in the right sidebar, or larger sliders used on a home page. Examples include this Drupal site's homepage (with only one item in the slider) and this department website (with multiple items).
Adding new content to sliders
A number of AHC sites have rotating photos, text, and links featured on the homepage or elsewhere on the site. Here’s how to add new photos to your slider:
- In your Content view, click “Add content.”
- Choose “AHC Slider” as your type.
- Leave the default "Front page" slideshow box checked (unless you have multiple slideshows to select from).
- Fill in the title field, a few lines of text, and the appropriate text hyperlink.
- Scroll down to the “Image” heading under the text field. Click “Browse.”
- Upload your photo. Note that horizontal photos look best.
- Click “Next.” Leave the first button checked, and click “Next” again.
- Add some “Alt Text” that describes your photo. You may leave the other fields blank. Click “Save.”
- Scroll down to select your choice of “Publishing options," then click “Save.”