The AHC Web Team releases theme updates on an ongoing basis. These updates address the needs of our web community and reflect University of Minnesota standards.
Most Recent Release - June 2018
Below are the improvements with this most recent release.
A design refresh for the following elements:
This design refresh updates these elements to be more modern and better fit in with the look and feel of the Nokomis web theme
New functionality and features:
- Modal windows
This batch of updates also includes:
- Standardization of default views for AHC content types.
- Twitter API update ready for implementation on sites.
December 2017 Release
December 2017 Release
The next release update will include the following improvements:
- Caption styles:
- Caption: Overlay - Dark
- Caption: Overlay - Light
- Caption: Smaller Text Size
- Updating the icon that appears after a link that goes to an external site
- New link style that will remove unwanted icons from links (useful for linked images)
- Ability to link directly to content in a tab
- Ability to upload animated GIFs
Improvements: Next On Deck
In the hopper
We are working on the following improvements:
- Tools to check for broken links, spelling, accessibility, etc. (form web community workgroup to figure out?)
- Circular text options with hover effects
- FontAwesome 5
- User-friendly way to incorporate icons
- Field collections for hero images
- Pull quotes
- Photo galleries - additional options
- Buttons consolidation/reduction
- Revisit breadcrumbs and secondary navigation
- Site grids
- Standard elements
- Content type: Blog
- Content type: Magazine/Publication
- Responsive Tables
- Slider Styles: Overlay slider
- Slider styles: Full-width hero slider
- Potential AHC news content type updates
- Bios improvements
Share your ideas
Process of continuous improvement
The web is constantly changing. The AHC web team strives to keep the tools we provide current and useful. Our goal is to create and support websites that meet audience needs and organizational goals, and follow web best practices and University standards.
To continuously improve the tools we offer, we seek your feedback on what would be useful. We will roll out changes regularly based on what we hear from you, usability and accessibility needs, and web trends. Whenever we make an update, we will email the web community explaining what the change is, what to expect and/or instructions on how to use it, and support available.