Changing the Layout
The default layout for all AHC web pages is 2-column. Follow these steps to switch the layout of an existing page:
- Open the page you want to edit.
- Click the “Customize Display” tab in the top right.
- Click “Layout” and select a different option.
- Click “Continue,” then “Save.”
- Click the gear icon for the field you want to add or edit content (e.g. for sidebars, click the gear for the “right side"). Then, in the drop-down options, click “Add content.”
- Several options will appear in a pop-up box. In the majority of cases, you can select “Add text” in the left sidebar. Again, “Add text” is typically the best option, even if you have photos or videos to add.
- Fill in the fields and hit “Save.” The pop-up box will disappear. Hit “Save” again.
- Click on the “View” tab to see your layout updates. Now that you’ve changed the layout, you can also edit content directly from the “View” tab by clicking on the gear icons for each field.
Tips for converting layouts
When changing a layout, make sure to move your content out of the main title area. Otherwise you may end up with a big layout mess, or might lose the content altogether.Tip for converting layouts