Many units link to documents (e.g. PDFs, Word documents, or Excel spreadsheets). To do this on your AHC Drupal website, you will complete three separate tasks:
- Save the document to your computer
- Upload the document to Drupal
- Link to the document
Save the document to your computer
- Give your document a relevant name that’s easy for all web editors to find in future searches.
- Drupal will automatically create URLs for uploaded files.
- Files with spaces in the name automatically generate % signs in place of the spaces.
- Guideline: Save files with names in all lowercase with hyphens between words and date at the end.
- Example: website-review-checklist-2013-10.pdf
Upload the document to Drupal
- Click on Find content in the black toolbar (If you don't see that option, click on Shortcuts)
- Click on Files tab
- Click on Add File
- Within the Upload a New File dialog box, click on Choose File
- Select the document
- Click on Open
- Click on Next
- Your document will now show up in the list of files
Link to the document
- Highlight the words you want to link to the document
- Click on the Link to Content button (otherwise known as the Link It button) in the toolbar
- Type the name of your document in the search for content field
- Note that the results start populating after three characters
- Click on your document
- Click on Insert
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save”