Technology Support Policies
Dial 6-7800 (612-626-7800), Option 1 for Classroom Technology Support
On-Call Support Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
If you are transferred to voicemail during supported hours, press 0 to be immediately connected to a technician.
Health Sciences Classroom Services helpline phone number (612-626-7800) is posted in all supported rooms. The following services are available via the helpline:
- Prescheduled orientations to demonstrate use of the equipment.
- Help connecting a laptop computer to A/V projection equipment.
- Training sessions on A/V equipment to Health Sciences faculty on a scheduled basis.
- Rapid Technical Response – respond immediately (5 – 10 minutes) to classroom issues for Health Science Faculty/Staff.
On-call support hours are from 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday. Other services may be scheduled outside of on-call hours as staffing permits.
Additional Technology Resources
Health Sciences Classroom Services has a small amount of portable equipment for additional technology needs. To request equipment, please complete the AV Needs form and include your scheduling confirmation information. Please call the Classroom Helpline 612-626-7800 if you have questions.
Health Sciences Classroom Services provide on-call troubleshooting support for events. If you require support from an AV professional for the duration of your event (that is not covered by the services listed above) please contact Audio Visual and Video Resources (AVVR).
Support for Non-HSCS rooms
Health Sciences Classroom Services will provide technology assistance in any teaching space in the health sciences as time and staffing permits. This assistance includes:
- Basic troubleshooting
- Laptop connections to LCD projectors
- General orientation and overview of equipment
We will repair or replace equipment only in HSCS-managed classrooms - Schools and Departments are responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment in departmentally scheduled space.