Technology Support Policies
Dial 6-7800 (612-626-7800), Option 1 for Classroom Technology Support
Support hours: 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
If you are transferred to voicemail during supported hours, press 0 to be immediately connected to a technician.
AHC Classroom Services helpline phone number (612-626-7800) is posted in all supported rooms. The following services are available via the helpline:
- On-demand support to demonstrate use of the equipment.
- Help connecting a laptop computer to A/V projection equipment.
- Training sessions on A/V equipment to AHC faculty on a scheduled basis.
- Rapid Technical Response – respond immediately (5 – 10 minutes) to AHC room problems.
Support hours are from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday.
Classroom technology capabilities
AHC Classroom Services has a small amount of portable equipment for additional technology needs. To request equipment, please complete the AV Needs form and include your scheduling confirmation information. Please call the Classroom Helpline 612-626-7800 if you have questions.
AHC Classroom Services provides on-call support for events. If you require an AV professional onsite for the duration of your event please contact Audio Visual and Video Resources (AVVR).
Support for Non AHC Classroom Services rooms
AHC Classroom Services will provide technology assistance in any teaching space in the Academic Health Center whenever possible. This assistance includes:
- Basic troubleshooting
- Laptop connections to LCD projectors
- General orientation and overview of equipment
We will repair or replace equipment only in AHC Classroom Services scheduled classrooms. Schools and Departments are responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment in departmentally scheduled space.