Request Keys or Access to a Keysafe
Who can request keys?
- Faculty, Principal Investigators, and their delegates who have assigned space in an RBMS building
- Directors, managers and supervisors of facilities and educational areas with in an RBMS building
- To delegate someone from your group, please send an email to your building's contact. Please include the person's name, email address, and phone number.
Please allow up to 72 hours (1-3 business days) for the request to be processed.
When keys are ready, you will receive email notification from the information desk of your building.
Lost or stolen keys
- Immediately report lost or stolen keys to RBMS.
- If a re-core is necessary for security purposes fees will be assessed back to department.
- Lost and unreturned keys will be assessed back to the department.
ALL lost UMN keys must be reported to the police and Department of Public Safety as well as to RBMS. If keys are lost or not returned, the cost of additional keys and/or re-core will be charged to a departmental EFS. Only Research Building Management staff can request NHH, Jackson, MCB, MCRB (FL 4-7), Moos Tower (FL 5), 717 Delaware, LRB/MTRF, WMBB, CCRB, and MRF keys from Locksmith Services.
- Please return all keys to an RBMS information desk. Keys returned from other buildings will be returned to the Department Facilities Rep or Locksmith Services.
- Please be sure to sign your Key Return Form releasing responsibility of the key assignment back to RBMS Staff.