Currently, two trainings are required by both Homeland Security and University Health and Safety for access to open lab areas in Nils Hasselmo Hall (NHH), Molecular and Cellular Biology building (MCB), Masonic Cancer Research Building (MCRB), McGuire Translational Research Facility (MTF), Wallin Medical Biosciences Building (WMBB), Cancer Cardiovascular Research Building (CCRB), and Microbiology Research Facility (MRF).
Note: These trainings require an x.500 Internet ID. If you do not have one, please create a guest account.
Radiation Safety Orientation
- Follow the instructions on the ULearn website to take "Radiation Safety Orientation"
- This site requires a valid UMN x.500/Internet ID
- Take the training. Be sure to complete all 5 sections and the final quiz
- When finished: print a copy of your final quiz and bring to any RBMS information desk for verification.
Bloodborne Pathogen Training
University Health and Safety offers two Bloodborne Pathogen training courses for University of Minnesota faculty, students, staff, guest researchers, and volunteers: Bloodborne Pathogens: Introduction and Bloodborne Pathogens: Advanced. Either one of these trainings will satisfy access requiresment for building access.
- Click on the link to Bloodborne Pathogen Training courses
- Scroll down to "Registration Information" to click on the link to the training.
- Take the appropriate training. Be sure to complete the modules and final training quiz
- When finished: print a copy of your final quiz and bring to any RBMS information desk for verification