Currently, two trainings are required by both Homeland Security and University Health and Safety for access to open lab areas in Nils Hasselmo Hall (NHH), Molecular and Cellular Biology building (MCB), Masonic Cancer Research Building (MCRB), McGuire Translational Research Facility (MTF), Wallin Medical Biosciences Building (WMBB), Cancer Cardiovascular Research Building (CCRB), and Microbiology Research Facility (MRF).
Note: These trainings require an x.500 Internet ID. If you do not have one, please create a guest account.
Radiation Safety Orientation
- Go to the Radiation Training Site
- Click on "Radiation Safety Orientation" link
- This takes you to the ULearn website. This site requires a valid UMN x.500/Internet ID
- Take the training (complete all 5 sections and complete final quiz)
- When finished, print a copy of your final quiz and bring to any RBMS information desk for verification.
Bloodborne Pathogen Training
University Health and Safety offers two Bloodborne Pathogen training courses for University of Minnesota students, staff, guest researchers, and volunteers.
Follow the instructions on the Bloodborne Pathogen Training Program webpage.