New to the AHC?
Our Mission & Vision
The AHC Human Resources Department provides leadership to build an AHC human resources community that contributes to the varied missions and vision of our AHC colleges, centers, and administrative units, as well as to overall University human resources goals. We will apply our knowledge of the organization and its policies and people in ways that add strength to the AHC environment and programs.
Human resources staff in colleges and administrative units and the staff of the AHC Human Resources Department are partners in assisting the AHC in achieving its strategic plans and goals. Our vision is that we will:
- Contribute to the Academic Health Center’s initiatives at all organizational levels by integrating human resources systems and policies into the AHC’s goals.
- Share responsibility and accountability for the work of human resources done in the complex business partnerships between central human resources (e.g., Human Resources, Legal Counsel, Equal Opportunity), AHC Human Resources, and AHC college and unit human resources and management staff.
- Strengthen human resources roles and competencies through continued support for a collaborative learning environment and individual professional development.
- Promote a diverse work force and a climate of respect for people in the AHC, including respect for fair employment policies, laws, and practices.
- Encourage excellence in all aspects of the work of the AHC, including its service to customers, by operating from a solid base of professional expertise, integrity and ethics.