We are here to provide effective programs and services to the Office of Academic Clinical Affairs and the Health Sciences in order to help you succeed.
We work in conjunction with the University of Minnesota Office of Human Resources.
New to the Health Sciences?
Welcome! You'll likely have a lot of questions as you start your new job in the Office of Academic Clinical Affairs (OACA) or Health Sciences.
We've compiled a list of resources to help before and after your arrival.
Our Mission & Vision
The Office of Academic Clinical Affairs Human Resources Department provides leadership to build a Health Sciences human resources community that contributes to the varied missions and vision of our Health Sciences colleges, centers, and administrative units, as well as to overall University human resources goals. We will apply our knowledge of the organization and its policies and people in ways that add strength to the health sciences and clinical environment and programs.
Human resources staff in colleges and administrative units and the staff of the OACA Human Resources Department are partners in assisting the Health Sciences, Office of the Vice President for Research, and the Provost's Office in achieving its strategic plans and goals. Our vision is that we will:
- Contribute to the Office of Academic Clinical Affairs and Health Science's initiatives at all organizational levels by integrating human resources systems and policies into the organization's goals.
- Share responsibility and accountability for the work of human resources done in the complex business partnerships between central human resources (e.g., Human Resources, Legal Counsel, Equal Opportunity), OACA Human Resources, and Health Sciences college and unit human resources and management staff.
- Strengthen human resources roles and competencies through continued support for a collaborative learning environment and individual professional development.
- Promote a diverse work force and a climate of respect for people in the OACA and Health Sciences, including respect for fair employment policies, laws, and practices.
- Encourage excellence in all aspects of the work of the Health Sciences and OACA, including its service to customers, by operating from a solid base of professional expertise, integrity and ethics.