Departures, Retirements, Terminations, Layoffs, and Non-renewals
Note: This includes employees leaving their department or the Academic Health Center for another job within the University
You will receive an email invitation from the Human Resources representative for your unit to complete an exit survey. If you do not receive an email invitation to participate, you should contact your HR contact.
Resources for your exit from the Office of Human Resources
For managers and supervisors
Employees leaving the AHC will be invited to take an online exit survey. They will receive the link to the exit survey from the human resources staff in their department or unit. If an employee does not receive an email invitation to participate, the employee should contact their HR contact.
Additional exit resources
- AHC Staff Off-Boarding Checklist
- Security checklist - This checklist is designed for the employee and supervisor to review and initial as security access information and items are authorized, transferred and/or terminated. The information should be completed when an employee is 1) being hired into the AHC, 2) transferring departments within the AHC/University, or 3) terminating employment from the University.
- Departure/Termination Policies from the Office of Human Resources
- Layoff, non-renewal and termination template letters
- When an AHC employee leaves your department complete the AHC-IS Data/File Server Access Request (secure sign in), and select the “Remove This User” option at the top of the form.
- If an employee has access to an enterprise system such as PeopleSoft and has a change of employment status, the Change of Employment Status Form should be used to provide the notification to IT Data Security.
For Human Resources professionals
Labor represented bumping rights
Seniority units for labor represented employees are listed in each contract. View the contracts and governing documents page from the Office of Human Resources.
For bump reports, contact:
Kate Niederer, HR Consultant – Employee Relations 612-624-9640 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Service bumping rights
A combination of HRTS4 reports, a list of Civil Service seniority units, and PeopleSoft employee records will determine bumping rights. This can be a complicated process. Please contact the AHC HR Consultant for assistance or if you have questions.