Departures, Retirements, Terminations, Layoffs, and Non-renewals

Note: This includes employees leaving their department or the Clinical Affairs for another job within the University

For employees

Exit survey

You will receive an email invitation from the Human Resources representative for your unit to complete an exit survey. If you do not receive an email invitation to participate, you should contact your HR contact

Resources for your exit from the Office of Human Resources

For managers and supervisors

Exit survey

Employees leaving will be invited to take an online exit survey. They will receive the link to the exit survey from the human resources staff in their department or unit. If an employee does not receive an email invitation to participate, the employee should contact their HR contact

Additional exit resources

For Human Resources professionals

Labor represented bumping rights

Seniority units for labor represented employees are listed in each contract. View the contracts and governing documents page from the Office of Human Resources.

For bump reports, contact: 

Sherrie Kronforst, HR Consultant – Employee Relations 612-624-9640 |

Civil Service bumping rights

A combination of HRTS4 reports, a list of Civil Service seniority units, and PeopleSoft employee records will determine bumping rights. This can be a complicated process. Please contact the HR Consultant for assistance or if you have questions.