Hiring a New Employee in the Academic Health Center
Beginning the hiring process
Resources for hiring managers, administrators and supervisors. Contact your unit's HR professional or AHC HR Staffing Specialists with questions.The below links apply only to the AHC shared units. Managers hiring people outside of the shared units will be filtered to their HR professionals in AHC colleges and schools.
- Job offers and onboarding new employees
- New hire forms and checklists
- Hiring policies (Office of Human Resources)
Submit a job opening or view applicants
- Prior to submitting a job opening partner with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) to obtain a new position number or verify the position's information is current. Keeping position information up-to-date is important for the classification of the position as well as the job setup of your new employee (FTE, pay-range, supervisor, etc.)
- New and updated positions require a position management request form and/or an updated job description. For an example of how to format a job description, review "Writing a Position Description" guide.
- Access the online recruiting system at myu.umn.edu (login required)
- Click Key Links
- Click Employee Center – UMTC
- Under My Recruitment Tasks click Recruiting Home