Job Offers & Onboarding New Employees
Contact your unit HR professional or Health Sciences Recruitment Lead with questions. The below links apply only to the OACA Units. If you are not from the OACA Units, consult with your local HR representative. See list: HR professionals in Health Sciences colleges and schools.
Making the offer
- Offer letters need to meet certain criterion per employee classification and should be approved by an HR Partners. They are also necessary for initiating onboarding processes. Your HR Partner can help you with questions pertaining to your offer letters.
- After your offer letter is complete, you will upload it into the system to initiate the online offer process.
- Within the online hiring system, the applicant will read the offer and accept the offer with electronic signature
- A background check is required for almost all new hires and transfers. Feel free to ask your partner or consultant if you are unsure if it is required for your employee. See the Administrative Policy on Background Checks and Verifications for more information.
- Please coordinate with your HR Generalists and HR Partners to ensure a background check is completed.
- Visa/immigration questions? See International Student and Scholar Services for assistance.
- Consider whether the Relocation Assistance Program is an option for you to offer your new hire.
If you did not extend the offer online, the HR Generalist would need a copy of the offer letter. If applicable to your department, your HR Generalist will initiate contact with your new hire to set up a meeting. During this meeting they will go over new hire paperwork and learn more about resources for new employees.
I-9 forms must be completed on or before the employee's first day of work for pay. Your HR Generalist will ask that your new hire complete their section online prior to coming in for the new hire meeting. During this online process, the employee will be presented with a list of acceptable documents. These identification documents must be presented to the HR Generalist during the new hire meeting. Please ensure your new hire comes prepared with two forms of identification from the list of acceptable documents. If your employee has a visa, see OHR's information for International Student, Scholars and Visitors. They will need to complete their I-9 with Payroll Services after applying for the social security number/card. If your employee is living and working remotely please see the Remote Hire I-9 Process for more information.
Other payroll related forms (W-4, direct deposit) are completed on the employee self-service (MyU, x.500 and login required) website.
Please encourage your new staff members to check out our page for new employees.
The Office of Human Resources offers a new employee orientation as well as additional resources for onboarding new employees.
Computer and access needs
For full support read the AHC Information Systems home page. Commonly requested resources:
- Data/file server access request form (secure sign in) for setting up access to the computer itself.
- AHC IS hardware purchasing policy (PDF)
- Request for purchase form (secure sign in)
- Add existing computer to support form (secure sign in)
- M Key (Office of Information Technology)
- AHC IS policies and procedures