The purpose of offer letters
- Starts the process of welcoming and orienting employees to the University.
- Explains that the offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Documents a verbal contract, and is used to establish the conditions of employment under which the employee is hired; helps to eliminate misunderstandings. (Benefits eligibility, employee group, applicable rules/contracts, length of employment, pay, probation, etc.)
- Used as a resource in personnel files to help determine such things as bumping rights, layoff rights, notice periods, and years of service.
- Used by Payroll staff to correctly enter information into PeopleSoft.
- Informs the employee of information they need to know in order to be successful in their employment such as when they will be eligible for their first pay increase.
- Provides helpful information and resources to a new employee. (Benefits, ISSS, etc.)
AHC Welcome Letter for New Offers (Can be used as a cover letter for any existing offer letter templates)
AHC P&A Offer Letter Template (with Welcome Letter attached)
AHC Civil Service Offer Letter Template (with Welcome Letter)
AHC AFSCME Clerical Offer Letter Template (with Welcome Letter)
AHC Teamsters Offer Letter Template (with Welcome Letter)
Template letters by job classification (Link to OHR's wide array of offer letter templates)